SO IT BEGINS - the story of my journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
I am writing this story for a number of reasons, some of which I do not yet know. In the weeks leading up to my first Boston, I want to be able to review this story and draw inspiration from it. Also, I have learned in my short life that a destination, any destination, is largely valued by the journey that it takes to get there. In light of that, the idea of chronicling a journey that will last more than one year appeals to me. I hope that I can learn about life, running, and myself during this time. I hope that my children will one day draw inspiration from these pages.
The previous paragraph is a literary case study in rambling, albeit in a conversational format that I hope will be the dominant method of communication. Since I do not know all that this journey will entail, it is pointless for me to describe all that I hope these pages will accomplish.
What I know right now is that I want to run the Boston Marathon. I am 32 years old, and need a 3:10:59 or better to qualify. I have run five (5) marathons with a PR of 3:53. I hope to spend the next year of my life training for this goal, and hope to run a qualifier in the fall of 2011. This blog will record my progress and thoughts along the way. My running journal, which I have linked to the right, is kept on Running2Win, which I recommend to any runner of any level.
So here goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment