Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New (or new to me) Blog

Check out the blog for Team USA Georgia. This is an organization founded and operated by my friend Jay to improve the performance of post-collegiate runners. Jay is a rock star when it comes to running, and has the mind and heart of a teacher/coach when it comes to couch potatoes like me. In the next year, I will run with Jay as much as possible, and will shamelessly and relentlessly bug him for training tips.

In other news, new shoes! I am a flat-footed overpronator who is built more like a running back than a runner, so I am always in need of support. I have long been a fan of the Asics Gel 2100 series, which was originally recommended to me by the good folks at Fleet Feet in John's Creek (then Duluth). The latest shoe in that series is the 2150, which I bought last Thursday. Since I like to support local rock, I patronized Just Sports & Tennis in Rome, and they hooked me up.

I'm having mental difficulty with this whole "maintain a base until REAL training begins in 10 weeks" proposition. I have always done the best with a training regimen when a race is on the calendar. Accordingly I am thinking now that I need intermediate races other than the half next spring and full next fall. There is a great possibility that I will run the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day. If I commit to running it, I will enter a training plan for it in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. What did you decide on the ATL half? You liking those new shoes? Also, we're dying to hear how the bra is working!

    ReplyDelete